Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Big Fat Greek Chicken

So it's only Day 2 and I already messed up the menu. We were supposed to have breakfast for dinner - Bacon, Egg, & Cheese sandwiches on biscuits with homefries and fruit.  But, then when I looked at the schedule for the week, I noticed that I wasn't going to be home for dinner tomorrow night, and there better be some leftovers for Steve and Will, so I swapped Thursday's dinner (Lazy Greek Chicken) with Tuesdays (Breakfast for Dinner). 

The recipe title "Lazy Greek Chicken" is really false advertising.  It involves butterflying chicken breasts, chopping onions, making breadcrumb mixtures. Let me tell you what my version of "Lazy Greek Chicken" is: take some chicken breasts, marinate them in greek salad dressing (aka. Good Seasons), then grill them.  This recipe, while not difficult, is definitely not for a couchpotato.

I added garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Here's how it came out:


Steve and I enjoyed it, Will is right back to freeing India from the oppression of the British Empire via hunger strike.  He ate exactly zero bites of food, and ended up with a banana for dinner.  He tried to throw his plate, but it was out of disgust and not to celebrate how wonderful dinner tasted with a traditional Greek plate smash. 

As I mentioned above, I have a meeting tomorrow night for the Senior Class Trip (bye cold Chesterfield, HELLO warm Disney World!) so I won't be home & won't be cooking.

On a tv side note, was I the only one who was underwhelmed by the new Dancing with the Stars cast (thanks, but no thanks Kendra & Chris Jericho)?  I have also sunk into a depression over the lack of Glee this week.  Luckily Top Chef is "supersized" this week and Carla's still in it to win it - LOVE her! - so that should pull me through!

See you on Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Just want to let you know, this sunday is chopped all stars as well as next big restaurant idea, with a side dish of amazing race.

    Like how i incorporated TV with food there?

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete