Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Best Part of Wakin' Up...

Let's be clear - I am writing this at 6:08am on a Saturday.  This is my new thing - I go to bed at 9pm, then wake up at 6am get up, watch my reality tv on DVR and drink my coffee alone.  Don't get be wrong, I love my husband, kids, dog, but the time spent alone in the morning, when the house is quiet and I can drink my coffee, watch tv, blog, whatever, is wonderful!  This morning I'm watching 2 guilty pleasures - Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes and Say Yes to the Dress.  Both wonderful, and better yet, since the hubs is asleep, I don't have to hear any complaining!

Back to this weekend & the pantry raid...We have the busiest weekend EVER! This morning I'm getting a much anticipated treat in preparation of my trip to Florida - a pedicure! And because we don't want either child breathing in nail salon fumes, I get to go alone - woohoo!  After lunch Will and I are going to my school's performace of :

We've been prepping him by watching the movie for weeks, so I'm optimistic that he'll actually sit and watch the show.  It will either be great, or he'll run around like a lunatic and we will be :those people: at the show.  The good news is that if he acts like the wild man of Borneo, I only spent $10 on the ticket, so it's not like it cost us a mortgage payment.

Afterwards we're going to our friends M & G's house for dinner.  I got the Lazy Greek Chicken recipe from them, so there might be an addition to the recipe book after tonight. We're supposed to bring dessert, and while I would love to get cupcakes from my favorite bakery, Sugar & Sunshine, in pantry raid fashion, I have all the ingredients for Rice Krispies Treats, so I think I'll take the responsible (read: boring) route and make them instead.

Tomorrow I'll have next week's menu, aptly titled "Fend for Yourself," since I'll be in Disney for most of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment