Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pork Rollin' with my Homies

What exactly is pork roll?  In a word, pork roll is: delicious.
In The Search for Delicious - I know I can't be the only person that read that book as a kid! - "delicious" never should have been defined "a tall glass of water on a hot day."  "Delicious" should have been "crispy pork roll on a toasted hard roll, with American cheese and egg." Pork roll is tasty and gluttonous and wonderful.  It's the processed meat that can't be beat.

We do breakfast for dinner about once a week mostly for two reasons: 1) it's fast, and 2) we know that everyone (read: Will) is going to eat it.  We had pork roll, egg and cheese sandwiches on flatbreads with homefried potatoes (aka Potatoes Robert) and fruit on the side.  Everything was delish, and even Will decided to eat tonight. It wasn't exactly worthy of a spot on the Food Network, but I'm sure that given that he's from NJ, even Mario Batali enjoys a pork roll, egg and cheese.

Given that we are trying to clean out our pantry, fridge and freezer, last week I took some "before" photos.  Here we go...The pantry before:
It may not look like much, but all those fabric bins are also filled with food, baking supplies, snacks, etc. etc.
Here's the fridge:

You know we'll be super pathetic when 2 weeks from now I'm arranging meals around condiments! I already have mental notes attached to the thai chili sauce and the sweet & sour sauce for next week!

Lastly, the freezer.  I expect this will be empty when I return from Florida. Let me save everyone the jokes and acknowledge that our freezer looks like a college student's.  The Lean Pockets are mine, not Steve's.  I stand by them. They are delicious and fast and won't give you too much junk in the trunk.  Try the new Pretzel Bread Jalapeno Chicken ones and you won't be disappointed.


Don't you feel like you just watched an episode of MTV Cribs? I know that my freezer looks eerily like Mariah Carey's or one of the members of 'NSync.

I'll take some update pictures this weekend - it already looks less crowded!

See you later!




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Almost speechless...well, I said almost...
    After spying the fish fillets and what are think are the much revered "tots," I had to go scroll up to try to find the Kraft Mac n' Cheese...that threesome is a retro classic!
    And what better to wash all that down with a- you-guessed-it glass of Organic Chocolate Milk!
    MMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I miss about living in the UK now is pork roll! And now you've got me wanting it :p

    ReplyDelete