Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Food Standoff Ends!

As many of you know, we have been in a food standoff with our 2 year old.  We continue to make the same meals that we always have, and he continues to refuse eating them.  It doesn't really bother us too much, because we know that we can't back down on this or he'll be one of those kids that eats nothing but hot dogs and chicken fingers.  We've been waiting for the meal that he'll actually eat.  Tonight, we found it:
We had french toast with bacon and sliced strawberries.  Not the healthiest meal, but it totally hit the spot, and Will shoveled in the food.  Like any good Bruschi/Jablonski, he went for the bacon first (that's my boy!). Then he ate 2 big slices of french toast and he even stole my strawberries.  SUCCESS!  He even licked his fingers:
The best part was, I only had to buy the strawberries for $2.99 and the texas toast for $1.49.  So for about $4.50 we will have at least 2 breakfasts (or dinners in this case) for our entire family.

In other news: I ordered the cutest Easter baskets for the kids from Pottery Barn Kids.  I've wanted to order them every year since I was pregnant with Will and every year I think "I'll wait and get them on sale after Easter." But Pottery Barn never has any left.  So this year, when I saw the Peter Rabbit liners I knew I had to buck up and buy them at full price.  Here they are:

Aren't they so stinking cute?!? I can't wait to fill them up for Easter!

Finally, I've heard from several people that Emma isn't featured enough in the blog.  Let me be clear: She is not the forgotten child. She can be so giggly and smiley, but she can also be a pill - hmm...I wonder where she got that from?!? It's just that this is a food blog, and she eats baby food, Mum-Mums and yogurt melts.  It's really not exciting reading.  But if ye shall ask, ye shall recieve...the update on Emma is that she starting pulling all the way up to standing last week and now she's working on cruising and letting go while standing up.  Some evidence:

My prediction is that she will be walking in a month - she's our wild child!  She's also cutting her first tooth and like her mamma, she doesn't mess around with telling us & showing us how she feels about it.  We are awaiting a corporate sponsorship from Baby Motrin.

I'll be back tomorrow with this weeks pantry raid menus!  Emma says "Bye!"

No comments:

Post a Comment