Saturday, May 21, 2011

Too Little Time!

Sorry I haven't been around more - there is just too much to do in each day and not enough time.  Of course, I could blog after the kids go to bed, but it really interferes with my 9pm bedtime.  Last night we tried to watch The King's Speech, which I have been wanting to see for ages.  Steve really enjoyed it.  I fell asleep at approximately 8:40pm.  If the first 20 minutes of the movie is any indication, I may have actually liked it!

We've also been busy with the prep for my sister's wedding this August. Last Sunday I took the kids to her bridal shower where I indulged in brunch for the second week in a row (Is there a meal that is better than brunch?  Eggs, Pancakes AND Crab Cakes = Nirvana) and she took home lots of great loot from her VERY generous friends.  We managed to get a couple of cute pictures like this one of me and the bride to be:



And this one of my mom & Emma:


On the food front, we are plugging along with our experiment.  We basically are out of everything, so our grocery bills have been a bit higher, but we are still trying to use what we have before buying more stuff, and we're also eagerly awaiting the start of our organic farm share.  This time 2 weeks from now I will be complaining about sweating my butt off as a pseudo migrant worker in the pick your own strawberry fields. 

I am going to try to post more recipes, and as we've gone further into this journey, many people have given me recipes that I am eager to try so I'm going to try to get them in!  Here's the meal plan for this week:

Sunday: Sweet & Sour Chicken - a new Rachael Ray recipe.  I will not be defeated by homemade Chinese Food!

Monday: Toasted Ravioli

Tuesday: Will has speech therapy now on Tuesday afternoons, so we have to plan super-simple dinners or we'll be eating at 8pm.  Not a good situation when my bedtime is at 9pm. We're either having burgers or hot dogs with grilled asparagus and potato chips.  A perfect summer meal!

Wednesday: Gorditas!  Yes, homemade Taco Bell. Don't judge.

Thursday: The opposite meat from Tuesday. So...if hot dogs on Tuesday, burgers on Thursday. Or vice-versa.  Probably with salad and mac & cheese.

Friday after work we're going to trek up to the Poconos for the weekend.  Steve and I actually look forward to the Friday night trips because we get the chance to stop at McDonald's with no guilt.  So the tentative Friday night menu will include: sweet & sour sauce (with a generous sprinkling of chicken nuggets), fries, and Steve's obligatory gallon of vanilla milkshake.

Enjoy the week & I will try not to drop off the face of the planet (unless the world ends, which it very well may)!

No comments:

Post a Comment