Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Playing Catch Up

So I'm desperately trying to play blog catchup.  In the interest of time, here's the quick and dirty version of some of the recipes I've been making.

Sweet & Sour Chicken:Eh, just alright.  Pretty good, I guess.  Definitely healthier than real sweet and sour chicken, but obviously not as delicious and fried.  Steve liked it, but I have a weird hangup with citrus and chicken, as in, I don't like it.  So I had issues with all the pineapple. Will picked out the pineapple and left everything else.  As of right now, I'm still being owned by homemade Chinese food.


Baked Ravioli: Pretty good, although in reality, it really was just ravioli with homemade sauce baked in a casserole dish with cheese melted on top.  Tasted good, but revolutionary cuisine, it was not.  Still, on Tuesday afternoons Will has speech therapy so I have to plan for either a quick dinner or something made ahead of time that Steve can throw in the oven.  For the latter, it worked.  Would I make it again?  The jury is still out, but mostly just because it's not like it takes a Culinary Instiute degree to figure out how to make ravioli.


Fusilli with Spinach & Asiago Cheese: This one is delicious!  Try it.  Try it now.  The recipe is delicious as is, but I usually beef up the amount of spinach and tomatoes, because I figure more veggies can't hurt. I usually do 10oz. of spinach (one small container of organic baby spinach) and 1 whole pint of grape tomatoes, halved. It's a great Meatless Monday recipe, but also wonderful with shrimp scampi on top.


Other than that, we're doing a ton of grilling since the weather is finally nice!  Is there a summer meal better than hot dogs?  No way!

Steve and Will have been keeping busy fixing up the yard for Emma's first birthday party which is coming up in about a month (Happy 11 month birthday, Emma!).  Here's the evidence that Will has been helping with the weed whacking:


This weekend we're headed up to the Poconos - hopefully to relax, recharge, and most importantly, outlet shop, before heading home for the craziness of the last 3 weeks of the school year. 

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment