Sunday, February 27, 2011

On the Menu

Here's the menu for this week's pantry raid:
Sunday: we're going over my inlaws for my sister in law's birthday, so dinner is taken care of!

Monday: Meatless Monday! Pasta with organic sundried tomato and basil pesto (here's the recipe) that I made last summer when our farm share gave us bushels of basil. It's been in the freezer for 8 months, but pesto supposedly freezes well so it should be ok.

Tuesday: Breakfast for Dinner! Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches on Biscuits with home fried potatoes and fruit.

Wednesday: I have a meeting at work that starts at 5pm, so that means that Steve is on his own.  Realistically, this probably means leftovers.

Thursday: Greek chicken (here's the recipe) with garlic mashed potatoes and broccoli. 

For the record, I will always leave Friday and Saturday off the list.  I NEVER want to cook on Friday, and Saturday we usually get together with friends and I can't plan ahead because we never know how many people will be joining us.

I can already see a difference in our shopping list this week.  It's only 12 items!  Cucumber, chicken breasts, sandwich bread, one red pepper, jelly, 1/2 gallon milk, garlic bread, fruit, olive oil, goldfish crackers and marshmallows (yes, kind of an impulse purchase, but we just noticed that we have tons of hershey bars - I know, random! - and graham crackers, so it' looks like there are s'mores in our future!).

I'll post the final grocery bill total tomorrow!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations RHC/CMSWMTF!
    I'm looking forward to each posting and hearing about how about each of your culinary creations--from the impulsive to the over planned; to the family traditions; to the wacky misadventures!
    All while turning every near-disaster into a delicious sitcom!

    ReplyDelete